Tuesday, October 30, 2007

10/30/2007

I was able to get home this evening by 6:00pm so spent a full night in the factory, I finished primming all the parts to the HS. Riveted the HS 707 nose rib to the left skin, then riveted the left side of the HS together per plans. The nose rib was the hardest part to due so far, but I was able to get the front rivets in without causing any skin damage. After finishing the left side the right side went together with ease. All that is needed to finish on the HS is the squeeze the rivets for the rear spar, and that should only take about an hour to finish on the next work session. NOTE: I was unable to get the most forward rivets on the tip rib HS-706 at this time. I will need to make a smaller bucking bar or get a no hole yoke. I did not want to force these with out the proper tool as they are easy to access later with the proper tool. Hope to update the pictures later.

It will be on to the elevator and rudder now.

No comments: