Sunday, October 28, 2007

10/27/2007 Saturday

Went to Lockhart and had lunch with the guys from the airport, watched them doing some panel work on an -8. Showed them my VS, and they approved of the work. Talk to them about the big bend ( the bending of the HS 810 and HS 814), Hank drew out the pattern and it was as I thought but want to be sure before I messed something up. I stopped by Home Depot and purchased some 2x4's to build a better bottom to my work table, and picked up a carpters square, to help with the bending of the HS 810 and HS 814. Got home and started work on the HS. The bend went easier than I thought and every thing came out good. I clecoed the front and rear spar's and then the frame next came the skins and match drilled the whole thing. Took it apart, deburred and dimpled everything except the skins, that will have to wait until another work day. the frame is ready for the 988 primer. The HS is just like two VS's. Just a little more to work with. I will post pictures later

No comments: