Sunday, October 21, 2007

10/21/2007

On Saturday I took the VS spar down to Lockhart and showed it to some RV builders. They pointed out a few rivets that were marginal, and showed me how to use a back rivet plate to form the shop heads. They explained how the number 4 rivets are difficult to form using a small hand squeezer, and it is best to back rivet to get better results. When I got home Saturday evening I drilled about 5 rivets and then used the back rivet plate, with much better results.

On Sunday I marked and cut out a few of the elevator stiffeners using the tin snips. I am not happy with the results using the snips. I am going try a cutoff wheel my air grinder. I am still waiting on an order for tools, so I am keeping myself busy doing some shop cleaning. Worked about 2 hours tonight. I have been taking a few pictures and will try to upload them soon.

No comments: