Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 21, 2007

Recieved the left elevator skin this morning, I was able to match drill it to the stifners, deburr and dimple it. I then decided that I would cut the tabs off of the elevator skin and make a rib and not attempt the bend. I cut it a little large for future triming when the trim tab is completed and fitted. I primed the inside of the skin with the SW988 primer then after taking Bonnie and Kimberly out for some Mexican food, I was able to rivet the stiffners to the skin and then bend the skins. I then match drilled the skin to the elevator frame, deburred and dimpled the skin, touched up the primer, and started to rivet the skin to the frame. When I started working on the elevator it was 3:00pm and 82 degrees, when I finshed for the evening it was 12:00am and 47 degrees thanks to a cold front that came through.

No comments: